- What is the safest road in the world?
- What country has the most traffic fatalities?
- What is the number 2 reason for fatal car crashes?
- What is the deadliest highway in the world?
- What is the #1 cause of car crash deaths?
- What country has the least car crashes?
- Is it true most car accidents happen close to home?
- At what speed do most accidents happen?
- What activity has the highest crash risk?
- Where do most fatal car accidents occur?
- Where do 90% of accidents happen?
- Where does more than 90% of road traffic accidents and injuries occur?
What is the safest road in the world?
Top 10 Countries with the Safest RoadsMicronesia.
According to the WHO report, the Federated States of Micronesia has the safest roads on the planet, with 1.9 road deaths per 100,000 people, and only 2 total road deaths throughout 2015.Sweden.
What country has the most traffic fatalities?
Road Traffic Accidents1Zimbabwe61.902Liberia52.033Malawi51.624Gambia47.515Togo46.62157 more rows
What is the number 2 reason for fatal car crashes?
Though distractions and negligence are primary causes of fatalities, drinking and driving, use of narcotics and criminal behavior are other contributing factors of fatal motor vehicle accidents. Drunk drivers usually swerve through both lanes and cause collisions injuring both others and themselves.
What is the deadliest highway in the world?
North Yungas RoadThe North Yungas Road in Bolivia, also known as the ‘Road of Death’, is said to be the most dangerous road in the world.
What is the #1 cause of car crash deaths?
1. Distracted Driving. The number one cause of car accidents is not a criminal that drove drunk, sped or ran a red light. Distracted drivers are the top cause of car accidents in the U.S. today.
What country has the least car crashes?
Lowest Rates of Roadside Deaths WorldwideRankCountryRoad traffic death rate (per 100 000 population) in 20131Monaco0.02Micronesia1.93Sweden2.84Kiribati2.921 more rows•May 29, 2018
Is it true most car accidents happen close to home?
An estimated 52 percent of car accidents occur within 5 miles of a person’s home, and 77 percent occur within 15 miles or less, according to a study conducted by Progressive Insurance.
At what speed do most accidents happen?
Approximately 70 percent of all fatal crashes on road ways with speed limits of 40 mph or less are in urban areas. Slightly less than half (47%) of all fatal crashes occurring on roadways with speed limit between 45 and 50 mph are in rural areas.
What activity has the highest crash risk?
Washington, DC: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Based on these results, reaching for a moving object is the most risky behavior observed, increasing crash risk by more than eight times that of just driving. Epidemiological studies have also evaluated the crash risk associated with cell phones.
Where do most fatal car accidents occur?
However, data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration tells another story. According to the data, only 15 percent of fatal car accidents occur near intersections — the other 85 percent occur on the open road. On the flip side, the vast majority of nonfatal car accidents occur within 25 miles of home.
Where do 90% of accidents happen?
More than 90 Percent of Automobile Accidents Caused by Human Error. Automobile accidents can be caused by almost anything — nature, weather, poor road conditions, vehicle failure — but according to experts, human error accounts for more than 90 percent of them.
Where does more than 90% of road traffic accidents and injuries occur?
More than 90% of road traffic deaths occur in low- and middle-income countries.